This article describes how to set up the GFI FaxMaker Online Client and Printer Driver for sending faxes through HTTPS which is the recommended method when using the Printer Driver to send faxes.
The GFI FaxMaker Online printer driver works much like any other printer from a Windows application.
To send a fax using the printer driver, open the document and select File > Print and select the FAXmaker printer to launch the GFI FaxMaker Fax Message Form pop up where you can fill in details about the recipient.
The Print driver supports two Connection types for connecting to FaxMaker Online; HTTPS (Recommended) and Email (SMTP) which are configured by navigating to View > Options and opening the Connection Settings tab as shown below:
Select HTTPS (recommended) option to send faxes through HTTPS and provide the ability to send an outbound fax with a Coverpage.
Configure the MBX number assigned to your user account and key in the correct password.
If the user password is unknown;
- Login to the GFI FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal.
- On the upper right section, click on the gear icon and select Users
- Click the gear icon beside the username and select Edit User if you wish to set the password for an existing user account.
- Click on Reset password located under the User tab. Instructions on how to reset the user password will be sent to the User's specified email address.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Add Users button to create a new user account. Refer to Adding Users in the FaxMaker Online Portal for more information.
- Note down the Username indicated under the Account Details section and the configured password for this user. The username displays in the format
- Enter these login credentials in the above dialog and click OK to save the changes.
- You should now be able to send outbound fax using HTTPS by opening a document and selecting File > Print then selecting the FAXmaker printer driver and clicking on Print.
- This will launch the GFI FaxMaker Fax Message Form pop up where you can fill in the recipient details and click Send.