FaxMaker Online users receiving inbound fax can sometimes experience unpredictable/erratic behavior in how inbound faxes are received which can be reported as:
- Faxes with blank pages or garbled text
- Incomplete/cut-off pages transmitted
- Pages with garbed text resembling a cover page even though the option to transmit a coverpage is disabled
- Multi-page fax with pages missing
- Intermittent ability to receive faxes
The above unpredictable behavior affecting inbound faxes usually points to remote fax call forwarding of off-network numbers to FaxMaker Online numbers. Outbound faxes are usually unaffected.
FaxMaker Online does not support any form of call forwarding. The forwarded number should instead be ported to FaxMaker Online as described in Porting Existing Fax Numbers to FaxMaker Online for the following reasons:
- Call forwarding introduces jitter and latency into the fax call, which causes packet loss that can result in partial faxes, early disconnects, or outright negotiation failure. Further, our infrastructure team has no insight or control over the leg of the transmission from the sender to the forwarded number, which inhibits our ability to effectively troubleshoot problems.
- Porting to FaxMaker Online can alleviate some of the above issues, as well as be a cost-effective solution since you would not have to pay for the forwarded number as well as the FaxMaker Online issued fax number.