GFI FaxMaker Online customers with an active subscription can sometimes encounter problems receiving faxes on their assigned fax number.
When this happens, start the troubleshooting process by dialing your assigned fax number to test for any transmission breakdowns. You will be unable to receive any faxes sent to this number if the line rings several times and terminates with an automated message saying:
"Your call could not be connected, Please check your number and try again".
The above issue can occur when there is an unexpected account lock on the fax number which can only be resolved by the server team.
Follow the resolution steps outlined below:
- Log in to the FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal and review the Fax Pool Overview dashboard to confirm the number is currently assigned to a user. You can determine the assigned user by clicking on the Fax Pool Location.
- If the fax number is unassigned, follow the steps described in Assigning Numbers to Users in FaxMaker Online which is a mandatory prerequisite for receiving inbound fax.
- Submit a support request for the server team to unlock the user account which should correct the issue.
Support agents should follow these steps once the ticket is received and after triaging the issue:
- Verify that the fax number is assigned to a user by impersonating the customer's account and checking their Fax Pool Overview. If the fax number is unassigned, inform the customer to follow the steps described in Assigning Numbers to Users in FaxMaker Online which is a mandatory requirement to receive inbound fax.
- Escalate the support request to Concord for resolution. Refer to Opening a Support Case with Concord for important information on how and when to open the support case with Concord Premium Support.
- Inform the customer that you will update the ticket as soon as you receive feedback from the Server Team.
After receiving confirmation that the account has been unlocked, verify that a fax tone can now be heard when you dial the number.
Inbound faxes should now be received on the affected fax number without problems.