Third-party applications (eg: Allscripts) can be configured to download and receive faxes directly from the GFI FaxMaker Online servers via API.
This article describes the correct way to configure the user account to be used for receiving faxes through Inbound Web Services to any business system that supports integration through web services.
A user account should be configured to use the Inbound Web Service option which is the GFI FaxMaker Online Application Developer Interface that enables third-party software to download faxes directly from the GFI FaxMaker Online servers.
Follow these steps to configure a User Account that will be used by 3rd party applications to receive faxes directly from the GFI FaxMaker Online servers via API:
- Login to the GFI FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal.
- On the upper right section, click on the gear icon and select Users
- Click the gear icon beside the username and select Edit User if you wish you enable an existing user account for API use, otherwise, click on the Add Users button to create a new user account. Refer to Adding Users in the FaxMaker Online Portal for more information.
- Supply the User details (First name, Surname, Department) and select Use Inbound Web Service under Fax receiving settings.
- If editing an existing user whose password is unknown, click on Reset password located under the User tab. Instructions on how to reset the user password will be sent to the specified email address.
- Note down the Username indicated under the Account Details section. The username displays in the format
mbx########. This is the account to be used for interacting with the FaxMaker Online inbound web services (IWS) or APIs and should accordingly be configured in the 3rd party application being integrated with FaxMaker Online.