GFI FaxMaker Online supports porting your existing fax numbers in order to continue using the existing fax numbers in GFI FaxMaker Online. Number porting enables you to retain your contact details and retain the same number for use with FaxMaker Online.
This article describes the steps required to successfully port an existing fax number to FaxMaker Online. After the port operation is complete, you should be able to view and assign this number on your FaxMaker Online portal.
The porting process for an existing fax number usually takes several days or weeks to complete. When a customer initiates a port request, the Orders/Sales team forwards the request to the previous carrier to release the fax number and subsequently informs the customer whether the porting request was approved or declined.
- The portability of a number is dependent on your current fax number carrier or service provider.
- Ensure that there are no timed contracts, open bills, open orders, or open litigation with your current fax number carrier from where the number will be ported.
- In order to port a number that is part of a DID range, contact the current carrier to confirm they will allow that number to be ported away from them. If the carrier confirms, keep a record of the confirmation and the name and contact details of your carrier’s representative
- Porting a number may require a number of days to complete.
- You may continue using GFI FaxMaker Online during porting.
- This functionality is currently not available to fax numbers in Italy.
Follow the steps outlined below to port fax numbers to FaxMaker Online:
Step 1: Specify the list of numbers to port
- From the GFI FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal, click on and select Port Fax Numbers.
- Key in the service provider, the number to port and click Add.
- Repeat step 2 for all numbers to port.
- Click Submit Request.
A representative from GFI will contact you back in about one business day to confirm whether your numbers are portable.
Step 2: Send Letter of Authorization & Customer Service Record
After confirming that numbers are portable, fill in, sign, and send a letter of authorization (LOA) to GFI. Download a letter of authorization from GFI FaxMaker LOA downloads.
Use separate forms when:
- Numbers are with different service providers. Fill in a separate form for each provider.
- Numbers located in Europe have different area codes. Fill in a separate form for each area code.
Include a copy of your Customer Service Record, obtainable from your current service provider. This industry-standard record contains information about your account required to complete the porting process.
If you are unable to obtain a Customer Service Record, include a copy of the first page of your latest billing statement instead. Porting a number using this method, however, takes longer to complete.
Step 3: Porting process completion
GFI processes your porting request and will contact you when porting is complete.
You can now assign fax numbers to your GFI FaxMaker Online users.