This article provides the details of a scenario where a customer is unable to assign a fax number to a user but instead getting a warning saying that the fax number was not updated.
This problem occurs when there is a fax pool overview mismatch for the particular number which can be confirmed as follows:
- In FaxMaker Online > Dashboard > Fax Pool Overview, it shows the number is already assigned.
- If you click on Fax pool location, the fax number will be displayed but not assigned to any user.
- If you click on Assign Now > Choose the User > Save the settings, it will display this warning and the number will not be assigned to the user:
The following were not updated: Fax Number
The assignment mismatch issue can only be resolved by the server team therefore when this error occurs you should immediately submit a support request for the server team to correct the issue.
The root cause for this issue is unknown.
Support agents should follow these steps once the ticket is received and after triaging the issue:
- Escalate the support request to Concord who will in turn open a ticket with their back-end team to fix the issue. Refer to Opening a Support Case with Concord for important information on how and when to open the support case with Concord Premium Support.
- Inform the customer that you will update the ticket as soon as you receive feedback from the Server Team.
After receiving confirmation that the number has been assigned to a user, verify the assignment by logging in to the Administrator Portal and checking the Fax Pool Overview for your account. You should now be able to receive faxes sent to that number.