This article describes the process of sending a fax from your email using FaxMaker Online.
Users (Accounts configured in GFI FaxMaker Online that can send and receive faxes) can send faxes directly from their email clients. To do this, create an email from your SMTP client and fill in the details as described in the table below:
Ensure that you use the email address that was registered as a FaxMaker Online user. Your company's FaxMaker Online administrator will be able to provide this information for you.
|Subject||The subject is used as the fax subject and shown, if configured, in the fax coverpage.|
|Email body||The email body is shown, if configured, in the fax coverpage.|
Attach up to five files that are in a supported file format. GFI FaxMaker Online adds the contents of attachments to the fax. The total file size of all attachments cannot exceed 20MB.
Supported file types:
In the To field, enter the recipient's fax number.
Key in the fax number in the following format:
Important notes for sending faxes
- The fax number must always include the international dial symbol "+", the country and area codes. This also applies when sending faxes locally, for example from New York to New York. For more information refer to Specifying fax recipients.
- GFI FaxMaker Online accepts emails up to 20MB. This is a hard limit that is not configurable therefore the total file size of all attachments and the email content cannot exceed this threshold. Certain mail servers, however, have a lower email size limit in which case only send faxes that do not exceed this mail server limit.
- Note that the Coverpage is the first page of a fax that automatically precedes the fax content and its size together with the email size must not exceed 20MB. For instance, if the email size is 16MB and the Coverpage size is 5MB, then the total size of the fax is greater than the 20MB threshold and delivery will fail. Customers constrained by this limit can consider using 3rd party file compression tools to keep their email size within the allowed limit.
- The fax sender must be included in the list of GFI FaxMaker Online users. Senders that do not have an account configured in GFI FaxMaker Online will not be able to send faxes. For more information refer to Users.
- After sending a fax the user is notified about the fax status via transmission reports. For more information refer to Transmission reports.
- Refer to FaxMaker Online Error String Explanations for information on different error messages that can be encountered while sending faxes through FaxMaker Online.