- Various GFI Software Products
- All supported environments
As mentioned above, this is a general error that may be encountered with a GFI Software product that tries to access network resources. It is usually caused by the IRPStackSize being set too low.
For more information, refer to the following Microsoft article: Description of the IRPStackSize parameter in Windows 2000, in Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
You may also make a back-up of the registry before applying these changes.
- From the GFI LanGuard server, click Start > Run and type
regeditand click OK.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Right-click the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the DWORD
IRPStackSize(the name is case sensitive).
- Right-click the value and select Modify.
- Select Decimal.
- Enter a value data of
18(the IRPStackSize parameter value is 15 by default, it is recommended that this value be increased by 3).
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Reboot the server.