Occasionally you would want to remove fax numbers from FaxMaker Online and port them to another carrier.
The numbers would be fax numbers that were originally ported into FaxMaker Online by you. If the fax number was assigned to you by FaxMaker Online at any time during the use of the product, it cannot be ported to another carrier.
This article provides information on how to achieve this with a scenario-based example.
You need to contact the new carrier you would like to use the fax number(s) with and request that the carrier ports the number away from FaxMaker Online, providing your account information and details of your organization which you can obtain from your original Letters of Authorization (LOA) which you must have filled when the numbers were ported to FaxMaker Online. The same information is also available in your GFI Accounts Portal profile for your account.
Following is an example scenario:
- You decide to purchase and use FaxMaker Online.
- You port your existing fax number(s) to FaxMaker Online.
- You later decide to move away from a cloud-hosted faxing solution and need to port the number(s) to another carrier.
- You would like to use AT&T as the new carrier for your fax number(s).
- You contact AT&T to request to port the number(s) from FaxMaker Online to AT&T.
- This starts the process of AT&T moving the number from FaxMaker Online carrier into their system. The porting process can take a couple of weeks to complete.
Your new carrier (AT&T in our example above) will provide confirmation and communication throughout the process until completion.