This article provides information on how to Add users that are allowed to send and receive faxes using FaxMaker Online.
An administrator must add Users (Accounts configured in GFI FaxMaker Online that can send and receive faxes) before they can start using Faxmaker Online. Note that Users cannot log in to the FaxMaker Online Administrator portal.
Users can be added through either of the following methods:
Adding users one-by-one
Follow the add user wizard to add one new user:
- From the GFI FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal, go to > Users node.
- Click Add Users.
- In the Create User tab, User details dialog, specify the basic options of a user:
Option Description First name
The user's first name.
The first name, together with the surname, is used in notification messages, reports, and for populating a Coverpage's sender name field.
The user's surname.
The surname, together with the first name, is used in notification messages, reports, and for populating a Coverpage's sender surname field.
Fax CSID (Optional) The Called Subscriber Identification is a custom name or number that the recipient sees when this user sends a fax. Department
Select to which department the user belongs.
A department forms a collection of settings that can be applied by default to new users.
- In the Faxing Settings dialog, configure:
Option Description No Fax number Required Select this option if the user can send but not receive faxes. Such users are not assigned a fax number. Choose Fax Number
Select a fax number to assign to this user.
Specify the email address from where the user sends faxes.
GFI FaxMaker Online only processes emails received from email addresses specified in this field.
Choose how to receive faxes:
- Receive fax using email (default option): Received faxes are forwarded via email to the address specified in Receiving email.
- Use Inbound Web Service: Use this option only when retrieving faxes from the GFI FaxMaker Online servers using a third-party application via API.
For more information refer to Receiving Faxes from FaxMaker Online.
Specify the email address where GFI FaxMaker Online forwards faxes received by this user.
Select the format of the fax to use when receiving a fax.
GFI FaxMaker Online converts the received fax content to the selected format and attaches the file to an email addressed to the Receiving email.
Fax Page Separation
When enabling this option, each fax page is processed as a separate file.
Users receive each fax page separately in the chosen fax format.
- In Coverpage Preferences dialog, configure the coverpage to use when a user sends faxes. A Coverpage is sent as the first page of a fax and includes various fax details, such as a custom message, recipient, and sender’s information. Configure the following options:
Option Description Coverpage file Select coverpage to apply from the list of Coverpages. Upload Coverpage
Click Browse to upload a new coverpage. For more information refer to Creating a coverpage.
Automatic Coverpages Adds the selected coverpage with all faxes sent by the user. No Coverpages Does not include a coverpage with outgoing faxes. With Body Text A coverpage is only added if the email sent by the user includes a body. If the email contains only an attachment, the coverpage is not included.
- In Notification settings dialog, configure the conditions when GFI FaxMaker Online sends email notifications.
Option Description Email to Fax Initial Notification (Success) Send an email notification when an email is successfully processed for fax transmission. Email to Fax Initial Notification (Failure) Send an email notification when GFI FaxMaker Online fails to process an email for fax transmission. Email to Fax Delivery Notification (Success) Send an email notification when a fax is successfully delivered to its intended recipients. Email to Fax Delivery Notification (Failure) Send an email notification when GFI FaxMaker Online fails to deliver a fax to its intended recipients.
- In the Date Format dialog, configure the date and time settings according to the user's regional location and preferences. These settings are used by GFI FaxMaker Online to display the fax transmission date and time, in the correct format.
Option Description Time zone Select the location time zone. Date format
Select the preferred date format.
- M - the numerical value of a month.
- MM - the numerical value of a month displayed in double digits. For example, January is displayed as 01.
- d - the day number.
- dd - the day number displayed in double digits. For example, 3rd January is displayed as 03.
- yy - the year in two digits. For example, 2013 is displayed as 13.
- yyyy - the year displayed in four digits.
Select the preferred time format.
- h - the hour value in 12-hour clock format.
- hh - the hour value displayed in double digits, using the 12-hour clock format.
- tt - indicates morning - am or afternoon - pm.
- H - the hour value in 24-hour clock format.
- HH - the hour value displayed in double digits, using the 24-hour clock format.
- mm - the minutes value.
Click Finish to create the user.
Import users in bulk
Administrators can Add users to GFI FaxMaker Online in bulk by importing a CSV file containing the list of users to be created/added.
See Managing Users through Bulk Export/Import functions for more information.