This article describes how to update the configuration of a user's faxing settings including fax numbers, sending Email, receiving settings, and preferred fax formats.
GFI FaxMaker Online provides a complete set of functions to manage user accounts.
Note: Only users that are listed and enabled in the Users node can send faxes using the GFI FaxMaker Online service.
Follow these steps to configure User Faxing Settings:
- Log on to FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal and go to > Users to manage users allowed to send and/or receive faxes from your account. The list of users is displayed in the left pane, including the name, surname, and email address.
- From the Users screen, click next to the user to edit and click Edit User.
- Select the Fax tab to access the Faxing Settings screen which enables the configuration of a user's faxing settings.
- Configure the following options as required:
Option Description No Fax number Required Select this option if the user can send but not receive faxes. Such users are not assigned a fax number. Choose Fax Number
Choose and assign up to three fax numbers to each user. Numbers assigned to this user are shown in the list.
Click to remove a number, which then becomes available to be assigned to other users.
Specify the email address from where the user sends faxes.
GFI FaxMaker Online only processes emails received from email addresses specified in this field.
Choose how to receive faxes:
- Receive fax using email (default option): Received faxes are forwarded via email to the address specified in Receiving email.
- Use Inbound Web Service: Use this option only when retrieving faxes from the GFI FaxMaker Online servers using a third-party application via API.
For more information refer to Receiving Faxes from FaxMaker Online.
Specify up to three email addresses where GFI FaxMaker Online forwards faxes received by this user. Key in an email address and click Add Email.
Select the format of the fax to use when receiving a fax.
GFI FaxMaker Online converts the received fax content to the selected format and attaches the file to an email addressed to the Receiving email.
Fax Page Separation
When enabling this option, each fax page is processed as a separate file.
Users receive each fax page separately in the chosen fax format.
- Click Save to apply all changes